HUMAN HAIR WASHING INSTRUCTIONS
If worn daily, we recommend that you wash your piece every 7-10 days.
1.Prior to washing remove all knots and tangles.
- Fill a bowl or sink with tepid water and a little Pureology Shampoo. Immerse the wig or hairpiece in the water. Rinse. Repeat if desired.
- Using your hands smooth through some Pureology Conditioner.Leave this to soak for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly.
- Wrap in a towel to remove excess water. This is when you can apply a conditioning mask.
- Very gently brush your hairpiece or wig. Place on a polyhead or wig stand.
- At this stage, whilst it is damp, lightly spray on the Pureology Colour Fanatic. Leave to dry naturally overnight or use a hairdryer*.
- In the morning or once dry style your wig/hairpiece with heat tools* and/or by using Redken Styling Products.
HUMAN HAIR AFTERCARE ADVICE
NEVER EXPOSE A HUMAN HAIR PIECE TO HIGH HEAT* OR NAKED FLAME.
If the piece contains any grey hair; this will be synthetic and you should not apply any heat whatsoever to the piece and avoid opening oven doors and standing under overhead heaters. This will burn the fibre. Please note that eventually the fibre content will wear out and frizz - the name for this is ‘Friction Frizz’. OurTrendco Moisture Protect helps reduce Friction Frizz and helps ease tangles. Please apply this sparingly a couple of times in between washes.
Never wash in hot water.
When brushing Trendco human hair we recommend using a soft brush. Be gentle when brushing your wig/piece when it is wet. Our Pureology Colour Fanatic and Miracle Filler help ease tangles. Please apply this sparingly a couple of times in between washes.
The expected lifespan for a human hair wig or hairpiece is up to 9 months. These time frames are only approximate and are based on everyday wear.
Human Hair will naturally oxidise resulting in colour fade. This happens within the first few months of exposure to the environment and outdoors. However, the colour can be restored. Should you need to darken your hair, please seek professional advice.
All hair naturally tangles at the nape of the neck so it is recommended that long human hair is brushed numerous times a day, from the ends to the roots. For a thorough condition use a good quality conditioning mask at least once a month.
Human hair can be tinted darker but not lighter.
Human Hair wigs and pieces are hand-tied which allows you to change the parting and hair direction
We do not recommend sleeping in your wig/hairpiece - it will cut the lifespan by at least half.
If you have hair underneath a wig and need more stability, we advise you to use Snap Lok Clips, Kirby Grips or wear a wig cap for extra security. Most wigs/pieces can be secured with Mono Tape if you have complete hair loss.
Most importantly, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries. T: 01273 774977 W: www.trendco.co.uk E: email@example.com
Download a PDF document of these instructions.