FIBRE WASHING INSTRUCTIONS
If worn daily, we recommend that you wash your piece every 7-10 days.
1.Prior to washing remove all knots and tangles.
- Fill a bowl or sink with tepid water and a little T-Range Shampoo. Immerse the wig or hairpiece in the water. Rinse. Repeat if desired.
- Using your hands smooth through some T-Range Softening Conditioner. Leave this to soak for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly.
- Wrap in a towel to remove excess water.
- Very gently brush your hairpiece or wig. Place on a polyhead or wig stand.
- At this stage, whilst it is damp, lightly spray on the T-Range Soften ‘N’ Sheen’. Leave to dry naturally overnight.
- In the morning or once dry gently shake or brush your hairpiece or wig into your desired style.
- For extra hold apply some of our T-Range Holding spray.
FIBRE AFTERCARE ADVICE
NEVER EXPOSE A SYNTHETIC PIECE TO HEAT OR NAKED FLAME.
Never use intense heat on fibre, e.g., DO NOT USE hairdryers, ceramic irons, curling tongs etc. Avoid opening oven doors and standing under overhead heaters. This will burn the fibre. Never wash in hot water.
When brushing fibre wigs/pieces we recommend using a soft brush.
Please note that eventually the fibre will wear out and frizz - the name for this is ‘Friction Frizz’. Our T-Range Soften ‘n’ Sheen helps reduce Friction Frizz and helps ease tangles. Please apply this
sparingly a couple of times in between washes.
Fibre needs to be replaced more frequently than human hair. The expected lifespan for a short fibre wig is 4-6 months, a mid-length (or bob) is between 3-4 months and a long wig is 2-3 months. Hairpieces are expected to last 4-6 months. These time frames are only approximate and are based on everyday wear.
Fibre cannot be tinted or bleached.
Scrunched/permed models must never be brushed: detangle using your fingers or a wide-tooth comb.
For a flexible parting select a wig or hairpiece that has a monofilament top.
Machine wefted wigs/hairpieces have root teasing -this is produced to hide the wefting and foundation underneath – this is called ‘Permatese’.
We do not recommend sleeping in your wig/hairpiece - it will cut the lifespan by at least half.
If you have hair underneath a wig and need more stability, we advise you to use Snap Lok Clips, Kirby Grips or wear a wig cap for extra security. Most wigs/pieces can be secured with Mono Tape if you have complete hair loss.
Most importantly, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries. T: 01273 774977 W: www.trendco.co.uk E: email@example.com
Download a PDF document of these instructions.